Dear Friends and Family,
Your overall health and wellness have always been our highest priority. We appreciate the growing concern with COVID-19 within our communities. After evaluating the most current information and reviewing all published guidelines, we remain confident in our ability to provide dental care in a safe and healthy environment at Center 4 Smiles. Currently, we are going to be open for Emergency Dental care only. Any routine care such as cleanings will have to be postponed until after May 8th, or until further notice.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice as you have seen during visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administrations (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For Example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We will ask you to call once you have arrived at the office and remain in your car until we advise that you may come up to the reception area.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you come into the office as well, temperature will be taken with a no contact laser thermometer.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, or literature as those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you will be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointments.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at one time.
- Going forward ONLY patients and or Guardians will be allowed in the reception area.
We are closely monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control, OSHA and the American Dental Association and will continue to seek guidance from these agencies and local public health officials. With new information, we will make the necessary adjustments to our operations and will keep you informed of any changes.
Thank you for your continued trust and confidence in the care you receive at Center 4 Smiles. If you have any questions, please get in touch with our office. We are in this together and are here to help.
Dr. Orphanos, Dr. Prusakowski, Dr. Hescheles and Center 4 Smiles Team